Public–private partnership (PPP) involves a contract between public and private sectors, mainly targeting development and infrastructure projects. The role of the public sector is to establish a framework for developmental action at the level of policies, laws and regulations. Meanwhile, the role of the private sector is to invest the inherent know-how and expertise based on quality, efficiency and economic sustainability in various areas to implement mega projects, such as housing, infrastructure, including sewage, power plants, etc.
It is worth mentioning that Kuwait Authority for Partnership Projects offers various projects in different sectors including, but not limited to the following projects:
- Transport Sector: Kuwait Rail Road Project.
- Real Estate Sector: Services and Entertainment Center – Egaila Project and South Al-Jahra Labor City Project.
- Energy Sector: Al Abdaliyah Integrated Solar Combined Cycle Project and Az-Zour North IWPP (Phase 1) project.
- Education Sector: Kuwait Schools Development Program
Added value to business entities from PPP Transaction Advisory Services
- Invest the capital in business opportunities that realize community development, and secure long term returns.
- Transfer global know-how and experience into the local marketplace.
- Reutilize experience, skills and knowledge acquired from project management in delivering other similar projects.
- Control investment risks.
- Reviewing investment opportunities before conducting the actual investment.
Services provided by Baker Tilly
Baker Tilly services include preparing feasibility studies inclusive of the following components:
- Feasibility studies
- Market study
- Demographic study
- Land and asset assessment, and identification of fair value of usufruct
- Engineering/Technical study
- Environmental study
- Due diligence
- Legal study
- Economic study
- Any other studies relevant to the nature of the project.
Baker Tilly also provides the following advisory services:
- Testing attractiveness of investment opportunity.
- Preparing tendering documents to attract investors.
- Assisting the Kuwait government in marketing the investment opportunity at a global level, and helping attract investors to Kuwait.
- Offering logistics services to consortium’s in the State of Kuwait including translation, interpretation, appointments arrangements in Governmental sectors and other needed logistics services that might be required.
- Assisting investment alliances in managing public subscriptions for Kuwaiti citizens to contribute to establishing a public shareholding company.
- Assisting investors in establishing public shareholding companies in the State of Kuwait.
Other related services
- Strategy and Business Plan
- Feasibility Study
- Business Valuation
- Financial Due Diligence
- Financial Restructuring
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Preparing Private Placement Memorandum
- Public Offering Prospectus
- Listing Advisory Services
- Market Maker Advisory
- Collective Investment Schemes Advisory
- Advisory Services for practicing Securities