BS OHSAS 18001 is an internationally applied British standard, which sets out the minimum requirements for development and implementation of occupational health and safety management system and forms a part of OHSAS 18000 series of standards. This standard helps business entities develop policies, procedures and controls to achieve best possible working conditions and workplace health and safety according to best international practices.
BS OHSAS 18001 is suitable for business entities of different sizes and assists them with identifying and managing health and safety risks and threats. It has been developed to be compatible with ISO 9001 (Quality Management System) and ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System).
Added value to business entities from BS OHSAS 18001 consulting
- Identify health and safety hazards, and develop and implement the necessary controls to manage the same.
- Minimize workplace accidents and hence, reduce costs and downtime.
- Motivate the staff and hence, improve the overall performance of the business, and demonstrate compliance to clients and stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Safeguard the business entity’s assets and minimize loss of materials and insurance costs arising out of accidents.
- Help achieve an integrated management system encompassing quality, health, safety and environment.
Services provided by Baker Tilly
Baker Tilly assists business entities with qualifying them to obtain BS OHSAS 18001 certification through providing the following services:
We conduct gap analysis reviews in accordance with BS OHSAS 18001 requirements in order to obtain the accreditation certification. It is worth mentioning that Baker Tilly assists its clients with identifying and engaging an international certification body, which is competent to conduct assessment tasks.
We offer training programs, discussion sessions and workshops for business entities to highlight core components and requirements of BS OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety Management System, and how to apply the same within such entities.
Businesses that can benefit from this service
All kinds of business entities of different sizes and operating sectors.