HACCP is a set of principles and guidelines approved by the CODEX Alimentarius affiliated to the World Health Organization (WHO) for Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points for Food Safety (current HACCP is the third version released in 2003). HACCP is a toll to identify risks and measures through analyzing and controlling biological, chemical and physical hazards from raw material production, procurement and handling to manufacturing, distribution and consumption of finished product.
HACCP can be applied across the food chain from primary production to final consumption and is compatible with quality management systems such as ISO 90001.
Added value to business entities from engagement of HACCP consulting
- Achieve competitive advantage and increase business through opening new markets imposing compliance with HACCP requirements.
- Ensure product safety and quality, and enhance confidence of customers, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Manage food safety risks efficiently and effectively.
- Save costs that may be incurred due to issues associated with lack of food safety and resource wastage.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations related to food safety and quality requirements.
Services provided by Baker Tilly
Baker Tilly assists business entities with qualifying them to obtain HACCP certification through providing the following services:
We conduct gap analysis reviews in accordance with HACCP requirements in order to obtain the accreditation certification. It is worth mentioning that Baker Tilly assists its clients with identifying and engaging HACCP certification body, which is competent to conduct assessment tasks.
We offer training programs, discussion sessions and workshops for business entities to highlight core components and requirements of HACCP and how to apply the same within such entities.
Businesses that can benefit from this service
- Manufacturers of food products
- All food retailers and distributors