ISO 22000:2005 is an international standard, which sets out the requirements for food safety management system where an entity needs to demonstrate its ability to control hazards threatening food safety with view to ensuring that food is safe. The Standard applies to all business entities, irrespective of their size, which are operating in any aspect of food chain and seek to implement systems that continuously provide safe products.
ISO 22000 defines the necessary requirements, which enable a business entity to plan, implement, apply, execute, maintain and update a food safety management system; demonstrate compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements relating to food safety; evaluate consumer needs with view to enhancing consumer satisfaction; effectively communicate food safety issues to suppliers, consumers and other stakeholders; and ensure that a business entity complies with its food safety policy.
Added value to business entities from ISO 22000 consulting
- Minimize hazards associated with food safety.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Enhance the entity’s reputation and gain the stakeholders’ confidence.
- Achieve transparency concerning accountability and responsibilities.
- Align objectives to the business strategy.
- Improve and update systems on ongoing basis.
- Apply hazard control system across supply chain.
- Provide food producers with opportunity to freely compete in more global markets.
- Provide guarantee about quality, safety and reliability.
- Optimal utilization of resources.
- Increase potential for economic growth and development.
Services provided by Baker Tilly
Baker Tilly assists business entities with qualifying them to obtain ISO 22000:2005 certification through providing the following services:
We are conducting gap analysis reviews in accordance with ISO 22000-1:2005 requirements in order to obtain the accreditation certification. It is worth mentioning that Baker Tilly assists its clients with identifying and engaging an ISO certification body, which is competent to conduct assessment tasks.
We offer training programs, discussion sessions and workshops for business entities to highlight core changes to the system and how to apply the same within such entities.
Businesses that can benefit from this service
- Manufacturers of food products
- All food retailers and distributors