The international standard ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management – Principles and Guidelines provides the principles, framework and processes to manage risks, and can be used by any organization regardless of its size, activity or sector.
ISO 31000: 2009 can be applied to any type of risks irrespective its nature, and provides generic guidelines for risk management. This International Standard also provides the necessary requirements for establishing, implementing and continually improving a framework for managing risks whose purpose is to integrate the process for managing risk into the organization’s overall governance, strategy and planning, management, reporting processes, policies, values and culture.
Added value to business entities from engagement of ISO 31000:2009 consulting
- Help business entities achieve their objectives through identifying, managing and treating risks that threaten the achievement of such objectives.
- Improve operational efficiency and governance.
- Enhance stakeholders’ confidence in the ability to manage risks.
- Minimize potential risks, respond to changes effectively and protect business as it grows.
- Gain competitive advantage through offering high quality products and services.
Services provided by Baker Tilly
Baker Tilly assists business entities with qualifying them to obtain ISO 31000:2009 certification through providing the following services:
We conduct gap analysis reviews in accordance with ISO 31000:2009 requirements in order to obtain the accreditation certification. It is worth mentioning that Baker Tilly assists its clients with identifying and engaging an ISO certification body, which is competent to conduct assessment tasks.
We offer training programs, discussion sessions and workshops for business entities to highlight core components and requirements of ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management – Principles and Guidelines and how to apply the same within such entities.
Businesses that can benefit from this service
All business entities, in particular those that adopt business model involving multiple and changing risks.