The Certificate of Business Continuity Institute (CBCI)
The Certificate of Business Continuity Institute (CBCI) is the most widely recognized and held business continuity certification in the world. CBCI was launched in 2007. Those who pass the examination are entitled to use the post nominal designation of CBCI – Certified by the Business Continuity Institute. The Certification is based on a set of standards known as the Certification Standards for Business Continuity professionals, which have been accepted internationally and were developed and published in co-operation with the Disaster Recovery Institute International of the USA. Each element links with the other elements to form the continuum of business continuity management.
The Business Continuity Institute (BCI) was established in 1994 to enable individual members to obtain guidance and support from fellow business continuity practitioners. The BCI provides internationally recognized status to members as professional membership of the BCI demonstrates the members’ competence to carry out business continuity management (BCM) to a consistent high standard. The BCI has more than 5200 members in 90 countries.
CBCI Exam Preparation Course
This course has been developed to cover all the methodologies set in the Good Practice Guidelines (GPG). GPG is the independent body of knowledge for good Business Continuity practice, which was released in March 2013 by the BCI. This course is based on current global thinking in Business Continuity and is aligned to ISO 22301:2012, the new international standard for Business Continuity Management (BCM) to ensure its international relevance and global applicability. The course offers a solid description of the methods, techniques and approaches used by Business Continuity professionals worldwide to develop, implement and maintain an effective BCM, as described in GPG 2013.
CBCI Course Objectives
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the acronyms and terminology utilized in the business continuity industry;
- Recall the roles of the business continuity planner and the executive management team in the development, testing, and maintenance of business continuity plans;
- Recognize the business continuity planning stages and their individual requirements;
- Design effective business continuity / disaster recovery efforts for case studies through the application of the knowledge gained in this class;
- Equipped with the knowledge and understanding required to be able to practise BC in line with GPG 2013
- Sit for the CBCI Examination, which is the launching pad for Statutory Membership of the BCI.
Who Should Attend CBCI Course?
This course is intended for professionals working in the fields of:
- Top and Senior Management
- Business Continuity
- Disaster Recovery
- Risk Management
- Emergency Response
- Emergency Management
- Crisis Management
CBCI Course Contents
- Module 1: Policy and Programme Management (PP1)
- Module 2: Embedding Business Continuity (PP2)
- Module 3: Analysis (PP3)
- Module 4: Design (PP4)
- Module 5: Implementation (PP5)
- Module 6: Validation (PP6)
CBCI Certification Eligibility
There is no specific academic qualification required for the examination. However, practical BCM experience is recommended. All candidates for the BCI Certificate examination will need to supply the following:
- A completed Registration Form detailing contact details
- 2 referees
- An outline of practical BCM experience
- A comprehensive résumé/cv (curriculum vitae)
- The CBCI exam is a CBT composed of 120 MCQs.
- Examination registration fees shall be included in the course fees.
- Examinations are available via the Prometric Testing network.
CBCI Course Details
Test Venue : State of Kuwait
No. of Days : 15 Days
Course Dates : To be announced
Course Timing : 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Course Material : English
Course Language : English
Course Venue : Fully Equipped Training Facility at 5 stars hotel
Tel: 1 88 77 99 Extension: 334
Fax us @ 2294 2651
Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org